Follow the steps below to help you care for your headphones regularly.
Holding the headphones, gently pull the earbud tips while twisting and rotating.
Refer to the following videos on how to remove the earbud tips:
- The correct method to remove the earbud tips
- The incorrect method to remove the earbud tips
Clean the headphones
- Using a soft dry cloth, wipe off any water or moisture on the headphones.
- Do not leave the headphones in a cold environment, as any water or moisture left on the headphones may freeze.
Clean the Noise Isolation Earbud Tips
WARNING! Do not use solvents such as thinner, benzene, or alcohol when cleaning the earbuds.
- When a Noise Isolation Earbud Tip is dirty, wipe it with a soft dry cloth.
- Do not wash the earbud tips in water or using a wet wipe. Doing so may quicken the deterioration.
- Digging your nails into the earbud tip or scuffing them using a metal material may cause damage.
Clean the charging ports
Leaving foreign substances, sweat, or moisture on the headphones or charging case can cause corrosion and make charging more difficult, or not possible at all.
Clean the headphones and charging ports of the charging case using a soft cloth or cotton swab.
Maintaining the Charging ports
A: Charging ports
A: Charging ports
Examples for how to clean
Clean the sound outlet holes
With a cloth slightly damp with water and wrung tightly, clean the sound outlet holes to remove dirt, earwax, or any other foreign matter that may have accumulated. Be extra careful not to accidentally push dirt or debris into the earbud tips.
A: Sound outlet holes
Drain the sound outlet holes
If water or sweat remains in the sound output holes, the sound may become difficult to hear. To remove any remaining water or sweat, over a dry cloth, turn the headphone piece so that the sound hole is pointed downward and gently tap about 5 times to allow any water or sweat to drain out.
Drain the microphone holes
Make sure that no water or sweat are left in the microphone hole. Doing so can cause corrosion. To remove any remaining water or sweat, over a dry cloth, turn the microphone hole downward and gently tap it about 5 times to allow any water or sweat to drain out.
Dry the headphones
After cleaning the headphones, leave them at room temperature and allow them to dry completely.
A: IR Sensor
Firmly insert the earbud tip all the way. If the earbud tips are not attached completely, they may come off the headphones and adversely affect the sound quality, noise canceling performance, and wearability.
Check the followings:
- Make sure the earbud tips are not attached in a skewed manner
- Make sure the earbud tips are inserted firmly all the way
For how to attach the earbud tips, refer to the following video:
- The earbud tip is attached correctly (stem color cannot be seen):
- The earbud tip is attached incorrectly (stem color (green) can be seen):
After cleaning the headphones, set the headphones in the charging case and close the lid.