The TV may not turn on if there is a power issue. The following situations may cause a power issue:
- A drop in voltage in electrical power
- Power fluctuations, such as brownouts or blackouts.
- A storm
If a power issue hasn't occurred, it's possible that the batteries in the remote control are weak or that something is interfering with the infrared (IR) signal to the TV.
NOTE: For model specific information regarding any of the steps in this solution, refer to the supplied operations manual.
- If the Red, Green, or Orange lights are on or blinking on the TV, a separate article is available to troubleshoot the issue.
Make sure the AC power cord (mains lead) is connected securely to a working wall outlet. If the power cord on the TV is removable, make sure that the power cord is securely connected to the back of the TV.
NOTE: If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, unplug it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.
Make sure that the power cord is securely connected to the back of the TV.
NOTE: Skip this step if the power cord on the TV isn't removable.
- Make sure that the ENERGY SAVING SWITCH is On.
NOTE: Skip this step if the TV does not have an Energy Saving Switch.
- Press the POWER button on the TV.
NOTE: The positions of the TV buttons may vary. Check the sides, back, front, and top of your TV or refer to your TV manual. You can check the power button position of your 2014 to 2017 Bravia TV here and 2018 to 2019 Bravia TV here.
- Press the POWER button on the remote control that was supplied with the TV.
NOTE: If the TV turns on and off using the POWER button on the TV but does not respond to the POWER button on the remote control, troubleshoot the remote control.
- Unplug the TV power cord (mains lead) from the electrical outlet for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting another electronic device on the same power switch and check whether you can use it to confirm the issue is not coming from your power outlet.
- Disconnect all external devices connected to the TV.
- Turn on the TV.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.