IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products, country and/or operating systems. For the applicable products, please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. For the applicable countries/regions and operating systems, please refer to the article below.
Countries and regions where Sony's Android TV™ supports Amazon Alexa-enabled devices
If the TV cannot be turned on using an Amazon Alexa-enabled device, refer to the following:
- Set Remote start in the TV to ON.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network in the Network & Accessories category.
- Select Remote start, then set to ON.
- Make sure you are using the same Google account on Amazon Alexa-enabled devices and the TV.
- Check the Date & time setting in Settings.
- For Android™ 8.0 (Oreo)™, set Automatic date & time to On.
- For Android OS 7.0 (Nougat), setting Automatic date & time to Use network time is recommended.
- If the issue is still unresolved, try the following:
- If a device other than the TV and Amazon Alexa compatible speaker is connected to the same router, disconnect that other device to reduce the number of connected devices.
- If you are using the router’s firewall, check that ports 5228, 5229, and 5230 are open.
This operation may not be available due to router specifications (including the limit for the number of connected devices) or settings. For details, please refer to the manual or support site of the router.
*Google and Android are trademarks of Google LLC; Oreo is a trademark of Mondelez International, Inc. group.