How do I use the on-screen keyboard in Windows 8?
The on-screen keyboard can be accessed by the following steps:
- Move your mouse from the top or bottom-right corner of the screen, and then click on Settings charm from the Charms bar.
- Right-click on the Keyboard icon at the bottom of the Settings charm.
- Choose Touch keyboard and Handwriting panel. Touch keyboard is displayed.
Note: To access the Touch keyboard from the Desktop, right-click on the keyboard icon at the bottom-right of the task bar.
- Several touch keyboards are available which allows you to choose the input method that works best for you. Click on the keyboard icon located at the bottom-right of the Touch keyboard to see the options available.
- You can change the size of the keyboard, use the full keyboard, use the hand writing panel, and choose an alternate input language.
- To change the size of the keys in the keyboard, click on the second icon from the left of the keyboard options. Place your finger on the three dots and slide left or right to change to Small, Medium or Large sizes.
- The next icon from the keyboard options allows you to use the handwriting panel which enables written text. This is a great experience on computers with stylus pens.
- The fourth option enables you to use the full-screen keyboard as what most physical keyboards are. It includes the number keys, F1-F12 function keys and modifier keys like the tab keys.
- The last option enables you to change the input language installed in your system.