IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
As of November 2021, the following functions can be operated by voice using the Google Assistant:
- Noise canceling function on/off
- Ambient Sound Mode on/off
- A function where the Google Assistant can tell you the amount of remaining battery charge
- These functions can change due to changes in Google specifications.
- Always use the Headphones with the latest software installed.
- Open the Sony | Headphones Connect app, and set the following functions to Google Assistant:
- WH-1000XM4: The CUSTOM button
- WF-1000XM4: The Voice Assistant setting
- For details, refer to the model specific Help Guide:
With the changes Google will be making to the Google Assistant feature, we plan to discontinue linking headphones to the Google Assistant app for iOS. For details, refer to the Google Assistant Help page (Google Assistant on headphones).