IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
You can operate the Sound Bar using TV remote control when connected via HDMI cable and with the Control for HDMI function enabled. The following operations can be used with the TV remote control:
Power On/Off - You can turn the TV On or Off and the Sound Bar will turn On or Off at the same time.
Volume adjustment - You can adjust the volume of the Sound Bar when it is selected in the audio output setting of the TV.
If the Sound Bar will not turn on at the same time as the TV, try the following steps:
- Make sure that HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) function is enabled on both the Sound Bar and the TV. For details about the settings, refer to each product manual.
- For the Sound Bar settings, make sure the Control for HDMI function is set to ON.
- If your TV is a BRAVIA, make sure that the BRAVIA Sync function is set to ON.
Note: If your TV is other than a BRAVIA, the function name will be different. On your TV, search the settings related to the HDMI CEC function and set it to ON.
- Turn off both the TV and the Sound Bar.
- Turn on the TV using the TV remote control.
- Turn on the Sound Bar using the Sound Bar remote control.
- Turn off both the TV and the Sound Bar using TV remote control. Once the TV and the Sound Bar can be turned off at the same time, you will be able to turn them both on and off the next time.