IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If any of these issues occur, follow the instructions provided to continue with the software update.
- The update stops midway.
- The screen displays Software transfer failed message mid-update and the update stops.
- The update stops at the Please wait...Downloading software... or Please wait...Updating... screen.
If any of the issues above occur, the following conditions might cause the update to stop before it completes.
- Other Bluetooth devices are connected to the smartphone (wearable device, etc.).
- The headset and mobile device have an unstable Bluetooth connection.
- The headset or mobile device has a low battery.
- There is radio wave interference, such as when there is a wireless LAN nearby.
- The automatic power-off function is on, and the headphone has not been worn for more than 5 minutes. (WF-1000XM3 only)
Troubleshoot the issue
- Tap Cancel on the Sony | Headphones Connect app to cancel the update.
- Turn off power to all Bluetooth devices connected to the mobile device being used for the update.
Note: If another Bluetooth device registered to the Sony | Headphones Connect app, or a device compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy (wearable device, smartwatch, etc.), is connected to your device, the update may not be possible.
- Turn off the mobile device. Then turn it back on.
- Close the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
- Charge your headphones and the mobile device.
- Launch the Sony | Headphones Connect app on the mobile device.
- Make a Bluetooth connection between your mobile device and the headphones through the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
Note: Check the Bluetooth connection by playing music from your mobile device with your headphone's.
- Check if the automatic power-off function is enabled. (WF-1000XM3).
Note: By default, the auto power-off function is enabled, so the power will turn off automatically if not wear the headphones for about 5 minutes. Please update the headphones again after disabling the auto power-off function. Use the Sony | Headphones Connect app to change the auto power off settings. Please update the headphones again after disabling the auto power-off function.
Perform the update again
Check the following conditions first and then erform the update using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
- Turn off or close all other apps running on the mobile device.
- Keep the headphones as close to the mobile device as possible.
- Keep other devices that transmit radio waves, including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices, away from the headphones and the mobile device.
- When using an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.), turn off the Google Assistant.