IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products or operating systems:
- Products: Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
- Operating systems: Android™ 8.0
For how to check the OS version, refer to: What Android™ OS version does the Android TV™ use?
The Accessibility shortcut function provides an easier and faster way to switch your favorite Accessibility shortcut function. Instead of starting from the setting menu, you can turn your desired shortcut on or off by pressing and holding the MUTING or MUTE button on the TV remote control for three seconds.
- The default setting of the Accessibility shortcut function is set to a screen reading function, such as Screen reader (recommended) or TalkBack.
- The Accessibility shortcut function is not available during initial setup.
- Depending on the model, when you use the function for the first time, a dialog box will appear to confirm the use of the Accessibility shortcut function. However, this dialog box cannot be recognized by Screen reader. When this happens, please get assistance from a sighted person to select the USE SHORTCUT option.
- For eARC supported models, when Screen reader is activated, eARC mode will be Off.
Changing the assigned Accessibility shortcut function:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Accessibility, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Accessibility shortcut, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Shortcut service, and press the Enter button.
- Select your preferred shortcut and press the Enter button.
- Select OK and press the Enter button.