Check the following.
- Make sure that the latest system software (firmware) update has been installed on the TV.
- Reconnect the USB cable, and make sure that the BRAVIA TV and the mobile device are securely connected.
- Check whether the USB cable supports data transfers. USB cables that are intended exclusively for charging cannot be used.
- If the mobile device is using MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), it cannot be recognized.
Change the settings on your mobile device to MSC (Mass Storage Class).
- Depending on the TV model, PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) can also be used.
- For the specifications and setting methods of your mobile device, refer to the manual that was supplied with the device.
The following steps are an example of how to operate the MSC connection setting on an Xperia Z3.
- From the Home screen select Settings - Xperia Connectivity.
- From the USB Connectivity category select USB connection mode and then Mass storage mode (MSC).
NOTE: If it is not recognized, even with an MSC connection, there is a possibility that the internal memory does not support MSC. In such cases, transfer the data (pictures, etc.) to an SD card or other type of removable memory.
- If the items above do not resolve the issue, connect using Home network, MHL, Screen mirroring, or Wi-Fi Direct.
NOTE: Depending on the TV model, the connection method that can be used varies.