IMPORTANT: A limited number of cameras don't support USB connectivity with the Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system and can't use this procedure. Check your product manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure the recording media with the pictures or movies is inserted in the camera.
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the camera and the USB input jack on the computer.
Note: Connection through a USB hub or other USB device such as a printer or keyboard is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. Connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
Note: The computer automatically detects the USB connection from the camera and installs the appropriate driver from the Windows 8.1 operating system.
- Transfer the pictures or videos to the computer using one of the following methods:
Use the import pictures and videos option.
- After connecting the camera, a notification box will appear. Select the notification box and then select Import Pictures and Videos using Windows.
- In the Import Pictures and Videos window that appears, click Import Settings.
- In the Import Settings window, follow the instructions to import your photos and movies.
Copy and paste the video files from the Removable Disk window that represents the camera.
- From the desktop screen, click on the folder icon located on the task bar and then click the Computer icon on the left side.
- In the Computer window, click the icon that represents the camera.
- Click the folder with the movies or photos in it and drag and drop it on the desktop screen of the computer.
Note: All the contents of the folder will be copied to the hard drive of the computer.