NOTE: The Reader for PC software is only compatible with the Windows 8 Desktop.
- There are two versions of Internet Explorer in Windows 8. There is a full-featured, robust version of Internet Explorer 10 which runs from the desktop and an Internet Explorer 10 applet optimized for touch-based devices and designed for the New User Interface (Tiles).
- Add-ons and plug-ins (like Flash and Silverlight) are only supported by the desktop version of Internet Explorer. If a website is not functioning, try loading the page using the desktop.
- As the Reader for PC software is only compatible with the Windows 8 desktop, it is NOT compatible with Windows RT. Windows RT (while similar in appearance to Windows 8) is a different operating system designed for tablets and light, touch-based PCs.
To install the Reader for PC/MAC software do the following:
- Open the Desktop Version of Internet Explorer.
- Go to http://ebookstore.sony.com
- Click on Reader Apps at the top of the page.
- Click on Reader for PC & MAC®.
- Click on Run.
- After the installer finishes downloading, follow the installation instructions shown on-screen.
- Click on Finish.
- An icon will be created in the desktop to allow future access to the Reader Application.