IMPORTANT: Not all computers have an ambient light sensor, and will therefore not have the Automatic Brightness Settings feature. If, in step 5, there is no Display Brightness feature listed, then the computer does not have an ambient light sensor and there will be no Automatic Brightness Setting to turn off.
When ambient light is detected, the Automatic Brightness Settings feature will automatically adjust the LCD brightness level. If desired, the feature can be turned off to keep the brightness at a constant level regardless of the ambient light. Follow this procedure to turn off the Automatic Brightness Settings feature.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + W key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, click the Settings category.
- In the Search field, type VAIO Control Center, and then press the Enter key.
- In the VAIO Control Center window, on the left side of the screen, click Image Quality.
- Under Display Brightness, click the button to change the setting from On to Off.
NOTE: To re-enable the Automatic Brightness Settings feature, click to change the button setting back to On.
- In the VAIO Control Center window, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the window.