IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
You can import GPS assist data using the PlayMemories Home software. To do this, connect the camera to a computer that is connected to the Internet. Once connected, a GPS assist data update confirmation message will appear and the GPS assist data will update automatically. If the update does not start automatically, install the software and follow these steps:
- The GPS assist data is only valid for approximately 30 days, after which it may be necessary to re-import the data.
- The current version of PlayMemories Home supports the following operating systems and can be downloaded online.
- Windows 8.1/Windows 10/Windows 11
- OS X v10.10-10.11 / macOS 10.12-10.13
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
- Connect the camera to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Start the PlayMemories Home software.
- In the PlayMemories Home window, click Tools.
- In the Tools menu, click GPS Support Tool.
- In the GPS Support Tool window, under Select a target to update, click to select the Removable Disk drive that represents the camera.
- Click the Update Now button.
If you do not have or wish to use the PlayMemories Home software, refer to the How to update GPS Assist Data without using PlayMemories Home article.