Full Specifications & Features
ILCA-77M2 Body / Kit
$1,699.95(NZD inc. GST)
Full Specifications & Features
- Wireless & Network Capabilities
- NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 142.6 x 104.2 x 80.9 mm
- Weight (with battery and memory card included)
- 647 g (Body Only) / 726 g (With battery and media)
- Microphone minijack, Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Multi Interface Shoe, Sync Terminal, Wired remote terminal
- Lens Mount
- Sony A-mount
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony A-mount lenses (also compatible with Konica and Minolta lenses)
- Sensor Type
- APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm) Exmor™ CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Number of Pixels (total)
- Approx.24.7 Megapixels
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio
- Anti-Dust System
- Smart zoom (Still Image)
- M:Approx. 1.4x S:Approx. 2
- Digital zoom (Still Image)
- L:Approx. 4x M:Approx. 5.7x S:Approx. 8
- Digital zoom (Movie)
- Yes (4x)
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format (Still images)
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2
- L: 6000 x 4000 (24M) M: 4240 x 2832 (12M) S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9
- L: 6000 x 3376 (20M) M: 4240 x 2400 (10M) S:3008 x 1688 (5.1M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama
- Wide: Horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), Vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M) Standard: Horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), Vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Image Quality Modes
- RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Creative Style
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box (1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- Dynamic Range Functions
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level(1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range(Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1-6EV, 1.0EV step))
- Recording Format (Movie)
- AVCHD 2.0 / MP4
- Video Compression
- AVCHD:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MP4:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format
- AVCHD:Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator MP4:MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Movie Functions
- Audio Level Display Audio Rec Level AF Tracking Duration AF Drive Speed Auto Slow Shutter HDMI Info. Display
- Face Detection
- On/ On (Regist. Faces) / Off
- Auto Object Framing
- Yes (Still Images)
- Clear Image Zoom
- Yes (approx.2x)
- Image Processor
- BIONZ X™
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™ Memory Stick XC-HG Duo SD SDHC SDXC memory cards (UHS-I compliant)
- Noise Reduction
- Long exposure NR: On/Off , available of shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR
- Auto / ISO100 to 51200
- White Balance Modes
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight), Flash, Colour temperature (2500 to 9900K), Colour Filter (G7 to M7, A7 to B7), Custom (1 / 2 / 3), Custom Set
- 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Sensor
- CCD line sensors
- Focus Sensitivity Range
- EV -2 to 18 (at ISO 100 equivalent)
- AF Mode
- Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Automatic AF (AF-A), Direct Manual Focus selectable
- Focus Area
- Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expanded Flexible Spot, Lock-On AF (Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot, Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Other Features
- Eye-start AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock, AF On,
- Built-in flash
- AF Illuminator range
- Approx. 1m - 5m / Approx. 3.3 to 16.4 feet
- Metering Type
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor
- Exmor™ CMOS Sensor
- Metering Mode
- Multi segment, Spot, Center weighted
- Exposure Modes
- AUTO (Intelligent Auto / Superior Auto), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Continuous Advance Priority AE, Movie, Programmed AE, Aperture priority, Shutter-speed priority, Manual, Memory recall
- Scene Selection
- Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight
- Exposure Compensation
- +/-5.0 EV (1/3EV, 1/2EV steps selectable)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- Bracket: Cont./Bracket: Single, With 1/3EV, 1/2EV, 2/3EV, 1.0EV, 2.0EV, 3.0EV increments, 3 /5 frames
- AE Lock
- Available with AE lock button AE is also locked when focus is locked in multi-segment metering mode. (AEL w/ shutter"(Auto/On/Off) is supported)"
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
- ISO 50–25600
- Viewfinder Type
- 0.5"-type electronic viewfinder
- Number of Dots
- 2 359 296 dots
- Field Coverage
- Approx. 1.09x (35mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.71x) with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1
- Dioptre Adjustment
- -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Eye Point
- Approx. 27mm from the eyepiece lens, 22mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1(CIPA standard)
- Monitor Type
- 3.0" type TFT LCD
- Total Number of Dots
- 1 228 800 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD)
- Auto, Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather
- Shutter Type
- Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed
- Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode), Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec/Bulb
- Flash Sync. Speed
- 1 / 250 sec.
- Flash Compensation
- +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes
- Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Slow sync, Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Rear sync.,Wireless, High Speed sync.
- Wireless Control
- Yes (With RMT-DSLR2 (sold separately))
- Drive Modes
- Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracket: Cont., Bracket: Single, White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
- Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
- 12 fps (in Continuous Advance Priority AE)
- Supplied Battery
- NP-FM500H M-series Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Up to 480 shots
What's In The Box
- Power cord
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FM500H
- Battery charger BC-VM10A
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
24.3MP APS-C CMOS sensor with gapless on-chip lens design
Upgraded Exmor™ CMOS Sensor enhances sensitivity and reduces noise by filling gaps between on-chip lenses. Sensor offers 20% higher sensitivity than the previous model.
BIONZ X™ processor
Enhanced processing engine handles enormous amounts of sensor data to allow very high-speed shooting of superb, low-noise images.
79-point phase-detection AF system
Newly developed AF system with 15 cross sensors for accurate, non-stop autofocusing - effective with Viewfinder or live view on LCD.
Quick AF Full HD movie
Shoot 1920x1080 video with full-time AF tracking of moving subjects: now with 60p/24p progressive shooting for cinematic results.
Proprietary Translucent Mirror Technology
Sony’s unique design replaces a DSLR moving mirror with a fixed translucent mirror, which enables ultra-fast shooting with continuous use of accurate phase detection AF.
12fps with AF tracking
Capture fast-moving action with razor-sharp tracking, at up to 12fps (approx. maximum speed with Continuous AF mode). Shoot 60 frames per burst, when quality set to ‘FINE’ and image size set to ‘L.’
AF Range Control
Locks autofocusing to a specified range of distance from the camera for sharp results, even if the target is obscured momentarily by another passing object.
Wide sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600
High maximum sensitivity allows natural, low-noise images, even in low light: expansion mode extends sensitivity down to ISO 50.
Creative Full HD movie functions
Enjoy sharp, accurate autofocusing with full-time AF; P/A/S/M exposure modes offer total creative control.
XGA OLED TruFinder™
Precision electronic viewfinder with high contrast and 100% frame coverage for accurate framing, focusing and shot review.
High-resolution information display
Select from a choice of Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Histogram or Digital Level Gauge display options.
3-way tiltable LCD screen
Freely-adjustable high resolution (1,228k dot) LCD with WhiteMagic technology for clear viewing, even under direct sunlight.
Face Detection with Face Registration
Recognizes up to 8 faces in a scene, optimizing optimum exposure, white balance, flash and other settings for beautiful portraits.
Expanded Flexible Spot
If the active AF point begins to lose track of your subject, one of 8 surrounding AF points instantly activates for continuous, accurate tracking of your moving subject.
Clear Image Zoom
Digitally zooms centre portion of image up to 2x with nearly imperceptible degradation, virtually doubling your zooming range.
5-step tracking adjustment
AF tracking duration is adjustable in 5 steps, with low settings prioritizing stability and high settings prioritizing speed (ideal when shooting various subjects at different distances, for example). Three settings are also available when shooting movies.
Captures faces in sharp focus, even when your subject is partially turned away from the camera with a shallow depth of field.
Enhanced AF area modes
Lock-on AF, which optimizes target frame size and ensures use of the optimal AF point, is now available as a focus area mode. You can choose the initial AF point for tracking from the Wide, Zone, Center, Flexible Spot or Expanded Flexible Spot AF area mode.
Enhanced in-body image stabilisation
Effective image stabilisation for any compatible lens, throughout the entire focal length range. Helps stabilize the viewfinder image while the shutter button is halfway pressed.
BIONZ X™ processing engine
The enhanced processor handles enormous amounts of sensor data to allow high-speed shooting of superb low-noise images. Advanced built-in features include detail reproduction technology to produce more realistic images, diffraction-reduction to correct blurred details, and area-specific noise reduction for clearer, more finely detailed images even at high ISO settings. Area-specific noise selectively divides the image into areas based on patterns (such as edges, textures and evenly coloured-areas like blue skies), then applies the most appropriate noise reduction for each area.
Customizable function buttons
Assign frequently used functions to the customizable buttons of your choice. Easily reassign 11 buttons to activate any of 53 functions for speedier, more intuitive operation.
Focus Magnifier and Peaking function
Magnify your image or movie in the high-resolution viewfinder for manual fine-tuning of the focus, or use Peaking to colourize the most sharply-focused areas of your image for quick confirmation.
Adjustable viewfinder settings
To compensate for the type and amount of light in your surroundings, adjust the viewfinder colour temperature and brightness in 5 simple steps.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free award-winning image editing software that provides high-end image quality RAW development, easy management of your image files, and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
New Imaging Edge software suite from Sony
Imaging Edge app suite can maximise image quality, improve production efficiency and help you finely adjust RAW-based images. Use its Remote app to remotely control shooting while monitoring scenes via live-view PC screen; Edit app to develop RAW data into high-quality photos; and Viewer app to view, rate and select photos from a list of shots.