About this download
This program will upgrade Audio Driver to Ver.6.10.5614.0 and resolve some audio related issues.
Audio Driver Upgrade Program Version 6.10.5614.0
File name: STDAUD-01487701-UN.exe
File size: 6.60 MB (6,923,952 bytes)
- To install Audio Driver Upgrade Program Version 6.10.5614.0
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. If a previous version of SigmaTel Audio or IDT Audio exists, uninstall it from Add or Remove Programs of Control Panel.
3. After uninstalling, restart the system.
4. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click STDAUD-01487701-UN.exe.
5. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
6. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
Note: After installation, the default output/input audio device may be reset. Go to Control Panel -> Sound property to check the audio input/output setting again.
To check if the updating is successful
1. OpenDevice Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers->SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC and click the Driver tab to check for the information below:
Driver Date is 2007/09/13 (Y/M/D).
Driver Version is 6.10.5614.0
Digital Signature is Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.