- To install SATA driver
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs
Please note that when installing either of the Windows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions. Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-CS1 Series:
1. Plug and Display function does not work.
2. Fn+F9/F10 (Zoom in/Zoom out) function key does not work.
3. Capture button cannot be used.
4. AV Mode button cannot be used.
5. Hard disk Drive protection function cannot be used.
6. Some contents in Bluetooth Utility help file are not correct.
7. There is no manual on how to use XP.
8. Sounds are not being output when playing back a DVD title which is used Dolby Digital Sounds by Windows Media Player.
9. BD drive is not supported.
10. Bluetooth GPS Unit does not work.
1. Find one external floppy disk drive and connect with the unit.
2. Insert a blank formatted floppy disk into the external floppy disk drive, and unzip the downloaded zip file.
3. Copy these 4 unzip files to the blank formatted floppy disk.
4. Start the MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® Operating System setup by booting from the installation CD.
5. At the beginning of the Operating System setup, press theF6 key to install a third-party SAST or RAID driver.
6. When prompted, insert the floppy disk with the SATA driver files.
7. After reading the floppy disk, the SATA Controller will be presented. Select this driver to install (Please click PgUP button to choose Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller option). Finish the WindowsÂ® Operating System installation and install all necessary drivers.