- To install Intel Wireless LAN driver
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs
Please note that when installing either of the Windows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions.
Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-SR1 Series:
1.HDD Protection function can not be used.
2.Fn+F9/Fn+F10 function can not be used.
3.After power off Bluetooth device/Wireless LAN device via Wireless Switch Setting Utility, Bluetooth device/Wireless LAN device can not be power on again via Wireless Switch Setting Utility. End user must manually switch Wireless Device H/W Control button to power on Bluetooth device/Wireless LAN device again.
1. Check that the current wirelss device is Intel Wireless LAN and proceed to download and install this driver. If the device is Atheros Wireless LAN, skip this driver.
2. Download Microsoft MSXML 6.0 and Windows Installer 3.14 basic following URL:
Microsoft MSXML 6.0 : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009-be21-27e85e1857b1
3. Install these 2 hotfix on the unit.
4. Execute Wireless-Intel.EXE.
5. Follow the installation wizard that appears.
6. At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement. Click I Agree to continue with the installation.
Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. Follow the installation wizard that appears.
7. When the installation finishes, please restart the computer if needed.