- To install SATA driver
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs
Please note that when installing either of the Windows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions.
Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-SR1 Series:
1.HDD Protection function can not be used.
2.Fn+F9/Fn+F10 function can not be used.
3.After power off Bluetooth device/Wireless LAN device via Wireless Switch Setting Utility, Bluetooth device/Wireless LAN device can not be power on again via Wireless Switch Setting Utility. End user must manually switch Wireless Device H/W Control button to power on Bluetooth device/Wireless LAN device again.
If the supplied XP installation disc is used to change the current Operating System to Windows XP Pro(This disc is only bundled with preinstalled Windows Vista Business models.), this driver need not be installed. Otherwise, proceed as below:
1. Find one external floppy disk drive and connect with the unit.
2. Insert a blank formatted floppy disk into the external floppy disk drive, and unzip the downloaded zip file.
3. Copy these 6 unzip files to the blank formatted floppy disk.
4. Start the MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® Operating System setup by booting from the installation CD.
5. At the beginning of the Operating System setup, press theF6 key to install a third-party SAST or RAID driver.
6. When prompted, insert the floppy disk with the SATA driver files.
7. After reading the floppy disk, the SATA Controller will be presented. Select this driver to install (Please click PgUP button to choose Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller option). Finish the WindowsÂ® Operating System installation and install all necessary drivers.