About this download
This program will upgrade some OS related files and resolve the following symptom:
1. Unable to upgrade current Windows Vista to Windows VIsta Service Pack1. When installing the Service Pack1 upgrade program, an error code appears.
Before Upgrading this patch:
Please perform Windows Upgrade prior to installing this upgrade patch.
Windows Vista Service Pack1 Upgrade Fix Patch
File name: SOOOTH-01596400-UN.exe
File size: 393 KB (403,248 bytes)
- To install Windows Vista Service Pack1 Upgrade Fix Patch
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click SOOOTH-01596400-UN.exe.
3. When the The update program has been set up. dialog appears, please restart the unit and press F8 button.
4. When Advanced Boot Options Menu is displayed, please select Repair Your Computer option.
If the HDD recovery partition has been deleted or BCD files (Windows Vista boot configuration files) are broken, the Repair Your Computer option in Advanced Boot Options Menu will not be available. Please refer to the following solutions to install this fix patch:
If HDD recovery partition is not deleted and VAIO Recovery Utility can be started, please refer to the following steps:
a. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator.
b. Input the following command.
c. Restart the unit and press F8 button.
d. Check that the Repair Your Computer option in Advanced Boot Options Menu is available now.
e. Otherwie, please boot the unit through Recovery DVD and choose Repair Your Computer option.
When VAIO Recovery Utility is started and the following error message appears:
The HDD recovery partition was deleted........
Please boot the unit through Recovery DVD and choose Repair Your Computer Option.
5. After selecting Repair Your Computer Option, please select a keyboard layout.
6. Input User name and Password and login.
7. Select Command Prompt on System Recovery Options.
8. Input C:/update/inst.bat on Command prompt.
9. When the The Update was successfully installed dialog appears, please press Enter button.
10. Click Restart option on System Recovery Options to restart the unit.
After installing this patch:
1. Please install KB947506 before upgrading Windows Vista Service Pack1. The download URL for this QFE is:
2. Once these 2 fix patches are installed and Windows Update performed, users can upgrade the current Windows Vista to Windows Vista Sevice Pack1 now.